Sunny Days, J. Fredrick Clark
(Verse 1)
Thinking back to what was said
A reeling thought; comfort shed
Friendship lost then what a night
Darkness falls to squeeze the light
And I said my two cents
A fog has just rolled in
Confusion sets, disoriented
Confessed my heart, then repented
But the problem’s worse than that
I lost my mind; I want it back
Nothing left makes much sense
A dog, a bone- climb the fence
Bloody water; brain erasing
Hill and bathwater misplacing
The darkness then is known
A beam of light has shown
Deep within I can’t forget
Two from one and then we split
(Instrumental)
(Verse 2)
It’s like I’m someone else
I flame the fuel and want to yell
Liquid peace the rock will move
At the fire I caught a groove
Now she is my life
I found what was not inside
Inside, inside my soul resides
I tuck it in because of pride
Be the best or fall behind
Although I wish I could rewind
Sometimes I miss the days when
We had so much time to waste
Night has left but grey remains
And I dream of sunny days
Things are good; a holding time
‘Til breath depletes, then you die
(Instrumental Bridge)
(Verse 3)
The first time that we kissed
Like yesterday I remember it
The moon was out and it was bright
You said, “Come here.” I said, “I might.”
I then remember kissing you
Oh my god, oh yes I do
Keeps me grounded you see
Back down to reality
Keeps my feet touching down
All upright, I’m on the ground
(Standing upright, I'm on the ground)
---I wrote this one without a real chorus. It was written in stream of consciousness for the most part- then I cleaned it up so it would read better. (I actually did record this at one point, and it's terrible. Perhaps I'll share it one day....)---
No comments:
Post a Comment