About Me

My photo
Writing is J Fredrick Clark's passion. His first children's book was published in 2014, and he is currently working on the follow up as well as adult novels and a fantasy series. He also writes for magazines and writes web copy and content, edits/proofreads manuscripts, essays, term papers, and edits/ proofreads resumes.

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Songs Never Recorded - High Tide

High Tide, J. Fredrick Clark

(Verse 1 )
Do you not remember;
Do you not recall;
When I ran into you
Last year in the fall?

It was a new beginning,
Like we would never end.
All this time I’m lending
So much time to spend.

Autumn love surrendered,
Parting ways; a new life.
Now without your warmness
I cannot get high----

(high) tide, rolling from afar.
I saw you and God
He was in your car.

(Chorus 1)

There comes a time when turpentine
Won’t do anymore

But when she went and loving she sent,
Walking right out the door.

Combusting love with flutter doves
And the radio a-scat.

When she leaves you will not believe,
(when she leaves you cannot conceive)
It would all go down like that.

(Verse 1 repeat)

(Chorus 2)

Raining winds and time begins
To slow down even more.

A sorrow sent ‘til my descent
A silky browning galore.

A lively group who’ve got the scoop
On all the pleasant sights

With teary eyes from lullabies
On all those homeless nights.

(Bridge)

High tide.
Trembling, rumbling through your mind.
People just don’t remember,
Crooked then divine.

High tide.
Shaking me, waking me
Keeps me alive,
And taking me-

On a ride
Lifting me, shifting me,
Holding up
And gripping me.

I got a friend,
I got a friend.
Someone....
Who won’t pretend

The bottle.
My head.
My pillow.
My bed.

Pretending
They'd die
The lights off
But why?

High tide.
Trembling, rumbling through your mind.
People just don’t remember,
Crooked then divine.

(Verse 1)

(Chorus 3)

There comes a time when true divine
Is what we’re looking for.

But it had meant my descent.
Turn the lights out close the door.

A dreamless sleep, through death we weep.
The radio a-scat

When time ceases and life releases
(when you die without diseases)
When beginning then ending pleases
(please just never repeat this)
Never go out like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment