About Me

My photo
Writing is J Fredrick Clark's passion. His first children's book was published in 2014, and he is currently working on the follow up as well as adult novels and a fantasy series. He also writes for magazines and writes web copy and content, edits/proofreads manuscripts, essays, term papers, and edits/ proofreads resumes.

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Spoken Word: You're King

This is also posted in the POETRY section.


You're King

What did they think, early on?
It's the early dawn of a new day.
A payday away from the old, how it used to be.
There's no way they could see how it would become.
They had to run, but we focus on fun;
A nice time, a good time, a fabulous night.
A time to fight the battles of old.
The warriors told a different story.
For the glory of war- what's it all for?
We stand at the door.
We're waiting for a hand out, like we once did.
It's like we're still kids, relying on Mom and Dad.
Or a clear path of such laziness.
Away with this! We must love again.
Again we'll begin to see each other.
Not under cover but face to face.
Place to place we'll go be great again,
Not hiding behind technology, and then
Not recognize our own sisters.
The blisters on our hands indicate
The rate that we play- Or do we fight?

No, tonight let's not party.
You're a part of me, and I am of you.
He and she too, we're here together.
We read the letters posted on the web-
They're fearless. But be aware of this:
Your words echo to the stars.
The cards were placed in random spaces.
Do not be faceless like you want to be.
Come out and see the blue skies and greenery.
It's all beautiful. Trust me.
And if you cuss me, I'll understand,
Though my trembling hand is outstretched again.
It always will be.
Simply put, work hard and don't hide.
We're on this crazy ride one time.
If you let your bright shine,
There'll be no regrets.
I must confess to you right now...
If I'm to go out today or tonight
I won't fight it. It may sting,
But I won't deny it. You're king.

No comments:

Post a Comment